This year’s New York Comic-Con served as an opportunity for new movie trailers to debut.
For example, the first full trailer for the sequel “Pacific Rim: Uprising” was unveiled during a panel with the film’s star John Boyega and director Steven S. DeKnight. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Boyega said “I can tell you that the vision of this movie was to build upon and expand upon the universe. What I wanted to see after ‘Pacific Rim’ is what you see in this movie” to the Comic-Con audience.
“Pacific Rim: Uprising” is set for release on March 23, 2018.
“Justice League,” meanwhile, included promotions in Time Square as well as a trailer from Warner Bros.
“Justice League” will hit theaters on Nov. 17.
Finally, actor Keanu Reeves made an appearance at the event to promote his new sci-fi film “Replicas.”
According to Deadline, “Replicas” is scheduled to release next year.
At the weekend box office, it was the sci-fi sequel “Blade Runner 2049” taking the top spot with $31.5 million. The number was well ahead of the second place finisher, “The Mountain Between Us,” which grossed more than $10 million.
The full top five from the weekend was:
1. Blade Runner 2049 – $31,525,000
2. The Mountain Between Us – $10,100,000
3. It – $9,655,000
4. My Little Pony – $8,800,000
5. Kingsman: The Golden Circle – $8,100,000
Meanwhile, on the small screen, home releases include:
- Baby Driver, ATMR Rating: 4.5 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 93%, 2017 Honorable Mention
- The House, ATMR Rating: 1 out of 5, Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 17%
- Wish Upon, Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 18%
- The Beguiled, Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 78%